Friday, February 21, 2014

MINEFIELD - "Отъебись!" - Tape - 2012


   Possibly one or two people noticed, but I took a week off to go to a different part of the country, see snow, hang out with some of the best people, tweak out at a 24 hour movie marathon, pet a bunch of cats and get tied up in other projects. Now, I'm back at home unloading more tapes and wondering if people even read this. When I mention the blog to friends, they usually say "oh, I thought that whole thing got deleted." Nope, still here.
    MINEFIELD is one of many bands who have sent their demo tape to MRR and caught my attention. In MINEFIELD's case, they sent their 5 and a half minute tape all the way from Russia. They probably draw their hardcore influences from somewhere obvious, but I'll leave the naming of those influences up to people who actually listen to a lot of hardcore. They blast out a stellar RAW POWER cover, so I think it's safe to say that they're one of the influences. I like it because it reminds me of the best parts of 80's hardcore and the early 00's fastcore scene without drowning in nostalgia or hyperbole. It's direct and to the point, like a punch to the face. Like saying "fuck you" to a cop. Like throwing a misogynist psychopath down a flight of stairs.




No comments: